Monday, June 20, 2011

MORE Lyrikal Vixen

SONG CRY

I can’t see em’ coming down my eyes so I gotta make this song cry,I cant see my eyes anything but dry so I gotta make this song cry.

Life as a kid wasn’t anything but ruff. Seeing mama in the kitchen snorting that stuff. She did what she had to keep us all off the streets. Sold herself to strangers just so we could eat. She held her head and swallowed her pride. Laid next to strangers for a place to sleep just for the night. Got into fist fights damn near every day. Because mama had sex and for that she got paid. Things got worst and mama got sick. After all the years of sucking that glass dick. Went to get help but never stuck to it. Had big dreams but never would pursue it. Nowhere to live and not a place to stay. In and out of shelters just going day to day.  Many mistakes made with no lessons learned at all. But I’d be damned if you’ll ever see a tear fall.

I can’t see em’ coming down my eyes so I gotta make this song cry,I cant see my eyes anything but dry so I gotta make this song cry.

As we got older we thought it would get better. Not knowing that was the drizzle of bad stormy weather. More kids, more drugs and more wrong decisions. The older we got the more we seemed to witness. Sum habits were given up for new ones to be gained. The parents smoking dope and the kids selling cocaine.  The bigger kids left but the younger ones stayed. Hoping that with time the bullshit would change. Future years brought improvement but struggles remained. So I put my shit on paper and let the pens tear ease my pain. I got on my knees, prayed with hands folded to the sky. Asking god to cancel his plans and keep my fam safe at night. Even with bad times lurking I refused to stop. And for the sake of the children I never let a tear drop.

I cant see em’ coming down my eyes so I gotta make this song cry,I cant see my eyes anything but dry so I gotta make this song cry.

LyricalVixen hit me on twitter @lyrikalviXen

No comments:

Post a Comment